Advertisements
Advertisements

Author: edwardvbs

Today out of the blue I received this error for SQL Reporting Services on SCCM 2012. Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Default appdomain failed to initialize. at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ServiceAppDomainController.Start() at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportService.OnStart(String[] args) at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state) When you try and start the Reporting Services it gives a warning saying some services start and then stop……. My suspicion […]

Advertisements
Advertisements
Read more

Today I wanted to run a few reports and went to SCCM and it returned the famous page “No Items Found”. Checked the Component Status, everything was happy. Checked the logs, no errors found. Removed the Reporting Services Role, restarted the machine, reinstalled the Role and still “No Items Found” I then tried re-registering the […]

Read more

(**UPDATE, CU6 Fixes this bug**) Since upgrading to CU1, CU2 and now CU2v2 for Exchange 2013, event ID 1006 keeps getting logged with performance counter errors. My server has 600GB free space yet it complains of this. Seems like yet another bug in Exchange 2013. I turned off these notifications, you can do so at […]

Read more

After a few replica’s on SharePoint 2013, DPM backups kept failing with the above error. If you run a consistency check then all is good until the next backup. To fix this error you need to increase the USN Journal, you can do so as follows, run the following PowerShell Command (increase to whatever suits […]

Read more

Last 2 days I have encountered the error above, the previous backup on DPM went fine. Checked that space was not an issue, the services were all started, rebooted the SharePoint server as windows updates were applied and still got the error. Simple fix is to do the following: Navigate to C:Program FilesMicrosoft Data Protection […]

Read more

Microsoft released RU3 for DPM 2012 SP1. Finally I was able to upgrade the DPM Agent on SharePoint 2013 as I kept getting an error when trying to Protect SQL. The updated agent installed fine, first initial sync when perfect until it finished with the above error. Here are the steps I did to fix […]

Read more

Today I came across the following error below logged almost every 2 min in event viewer. The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob threw an exception. More information is included below. Generic Error. Upon investigation I found that the 2 FIM Services (ForeFront Identity Manager) were disabled in the Services MMC as well as in […]

Read more

Today I came across a problem whereby some users could print but others the print job goes through but then nothing happens. Upon investigation in the log file located: Event ViewerApplication and Services LogsMicrosoftWindowsPrintService, I got the error above for the users that could not print. I enabled write access for the handful of users […]

Read more

So today I needed to add a new user and modify recording settings for all users and I encountered the error above. Simple fix is that IE settings block Silverlight. To fix this open up IE Options -> Security -> Internet -> Custom You need to ensure that Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins is set […]

Read more

Currently I am consolidating my environments and one of things I am doing is moving VM’s to new or different hosts. I moved my Pastel server, started up the machine and no network connectivity, however a ¬†few minutes ago I just had. Upon investigation the Microsoft Hyper-V Network Adapter had a yellow exclamation on it […]

Read more

Today I upgraded one of my branches DPM 2012 evaluation to SP1. After upgrading all agents I ran consistency checks and all passed except one, Exchange. The server gave the following error: “Cannot create a recovery point because of a transient problem. (ID 215 Details: VssError: The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the […]

Read more

Recently I installed SharePoint 2013 Foundation to only realise I needed some of the features in SharePoint Server 2013. I upgraded the server and started running into strange errors as below: 1. Creating folders 2. Removing folders 3. Finding people in SharePoint These issues above caused endless headaches, I tried the following as per MS: […]

Read more

Today I logged into my newly installed Lync 2013 Server and received the error above. What this means is that the SSL Cert is not set in IIS under bindings. Simply fix, go to IIS Manager,¬†Select Lync Server Internal Web Site and then click Bindings in the action menu. Select HTTPS and then click the […]

Read more
Contact Form Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Clef two-factor authentication